43ud6406

firefl

Bez reklam
v551 is for local update only - without automatic configuration reset.
If v369 is working than do not use v551. You can use one of v54x
I don't think that you really need latest version.
Working version is better than new one.

You are not answering my questions. I am irritated by being forced to guess instead of receiving an answer.
I will stop answering if will not answer my questions.

Albertsp

I apologize if it seemed to you that I do not answer the questions, hand was me intention, I tried to explain in the best way.
I downloaded the V369 and after doing the update the TV reboots and remains stuck on the Thomson screen.
What other questions haven't I answered?

Sorry again and thanks for your help

firefl

Bez reklam
information about v369 is most important.
v369 was tested by me and other users as working downgrade version.

I would suggest to repeat upgrade with v369 until you get working system.
You should unpack zip file, rename/copy Update.pkg to pendrive and try boot upgrade process. If it will not work - try few other pendrives. It should be different type of pendrive. You can check other USB port in tv.
Not all pendrives works for boot update. Boot system is very limited.

Albertsp

Thank you...I tried a new pendrive, the update process is much longer... when it's finished it restarted, the thomson screen came out and then a loop with the word erasing, now it continues to restart in loop ��

firefl

Bez reklam
Based on description - it looks that reprogramming passed.
It means that after restart it cleans setting and try to start normal work.
During next start main controller tries to communicate with peripheral circuits.
I'm afraid that there is some hardware malfunction - main controller remain waiting for missing answer from other circuit...

If I would be you I will try again update procedure hoping for lucky start... There was some information from users that first restarts could take about hour in worst case.
If you believe that there are no hardware malfunction you can try change boot process to TWRP. Some hint are on Russian 4pda. Link was in one of my previous message. TWRP has integrated procedure to clean configuration from boot mode. I never tried.

TCL/Thomson service has also option to write software using MTK Tool via connection PC->TV via USB cable. Unfortunately bin files for this method are not available for public or I can't find.

Bootloader should have some communication via USB cable to PC allowing basic functions. Usually reset should be possible. I never found description...

Albertsp

I really appreciate all the information you're giving me. The only doubt I have left is maybe you can give me an answer, and how long the erasing process should last. Reading on this post https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/3mn5j4l9-3 the user says : 8 minutes of the TV power light flashing on/off and 10 minutes of coloured whirling circles .
In my case colored whirling circles appear during erasing but only 30 seconds are left.
You know it's so fast, or it could be that something goes wrong at that moment since it takes so little time.

Thank you so much

firefl

Bez reklam
I'm sure. In my opinion 30s should be sufficient. Recreating of new/empty configuration is much longer process.
I remember that total programming + restart (with setting clearance) usually takes 15 +/-5 minutes. There was information that in worst case it took about 1 hour.

Albertsp

I did it!
I'll enter the proceedings here if it happens to anyone and it might help.
Model:43ud6406
Software Version:V551
Original Version :Android 7
Updated Version : Android 8
Problem : Android stays still loading
Usb 2.0 64gb formatted to 2gb and uploaded files from a 2.0 port (I don't know if this changes anything I can't be sure)

1- Load v369 the TV should do all the downgrade steps, but it will remain stuck on the Thomson sign.
2- Put in the pendrive the versión v475 you can find it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16u5-meA45Xs4qYz_ocNeynAn3SsgKdoj

At this point after the update procedure, the TV should be working again.

Step 1 may not be necessary, but since I had that version installed, I have included this step as well.

Thank you firefl for your patience and all the advice.

firefl

Bez reklam
Great, thank you for sharing solution.
It looks that it was important to find version "downgrade-able"

firefl

Bez reklam
My mouse was working without any configuration.
It was short test over 2 years ago. I do not see needs for mouse.

firefl

Bez reklam
Based on problem with USB pendrive and USB mouse I would suggest to check USB socket in tv.
Weak connection could be reason of both problems.
Upgrade goes well when you were lucky and contact was better.

It is most probably reason.

Albertsp

Yes is possible, other possible is that tv update v551 and maybe have a problem. In service menu you known have a setup for usb?

firefl

Bez reklam
Did you ever need to set anything for USB?
The only exception if you have special functionality.
Basic functions are in kernel.
What do you want to change for USB settings?

Special for you: tested lenovo mouse with v551 - works well with no need for configuration.
You can try other mouse, but I think that problem is with socket or internal near socket.

Albertsp

Thank you, then if mouse work for you with v551 the problem is my tv.
Now i waiting the end of this emergency, and i will contact with the assistance because now is impossible. At least now I can watch TV.

Do góry